Return to VOI home page
Want to help?
Click here to find out how
Shoot for the stars, but if you happen to miss, shoot for the moon instead” – Neil Armstrong. VOI is shooting to get back on a high mountain south of Boise (like Cinnabar), and we may get there yet. For the time being, we have landed on the moon, and that moon is War Eagle Mountain. Oregon Idaho Utilities has donated to VOI their War Eagle telecommunications site that formerly served Silver City. This is a superior site with a self-supported 50 foot tower, a building, and three 1000 gallon propane tanks that are each half full. This site has more potential functionality than we could ever afford on Cinnabar with almost identical coverage. This site can support several 250 watt solar panels. The building and tower can support several radios and antennas. While this site has been donated to us, we will have to pay BLM fees, annual rent, and Reclamation Cost Estimate (RCE) bond. We will have to fund an RCE for the site in the very unlikely case we abandon the site. This is technically VOI’s money, but should be considered a sunk cost. We will not have access to the fund as long as we own the real property on the site. The requirement by BLM of an RCE is a new procedure being used by all federal agencies.
We will be sharing more information in time. Let’s celebrate our very good fortune in acquiring a great site as a donation. Please support this milestone for VOI with your generous donations so we can fund the RCE and be ready to occupy the site as soon as the snow melts. It will be good to hear 147.24 transmitting again.
A trip to Cinnabar (our old site in the Owyhee Mountains)
Cinnabar Radio Site 3
Cinnabar Site where BLM Bldg was built (before it was built)
Want to get e-mails about club meetings or other events?
Email the Board here.
General duties of the officers of the Voice of Idaho ARC, Inc.
• The highest elected and Chief Executive Officer of the Voice of Idaho ARC, Inc.
• Sets direction and oversees the operation, contracts, and contractual obligations
• Makes board appointments to fill non-elected club positions.
• Elected officer next in rank to the president
• Serves as president in the president's absence.
• Responsible directly, through delegation or committee for the format and execution of the club
’s public outreach meetings
o General Membership Meeting, Annual Picnic, and Field Day
o ISC is not an included responsibility.
Immediate Past President:
• A constitutional officer of the corporation sitting on the Board
• For continuity of operations the former/prior president fills this position.
• You are not elected to this position directly but were first elected to the office of president
• Provides guidance to the president and board and will usually be assigned to finish a carry-over assignment
• Oversees the annual VOI election process
• Elected to administer the financial assets and liabilities of the Voice of Idaho ARC, Inc. as directed by the Board of Directors.
• There are two “at large” elected directors on the board
• Each director is elected for a period of two years
o For continuity purposes each term is staggered with one new director positon elected each year
• The incoming (Jr) Director is responsible for overseeing and scheduling the Thursday night general purpose net>
The term Senior (Sr) and Junior (Jr) is not used in the constitution. However we use these terms to identify which director position is being discussed, e.g. we always elect a new (junior) director annually. This person will become the senior director when we elect a new junior director.
Return to VOI home page